“According to NHTSA, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for children 3-6 and 8-14″. So choosing your childs “Car Seat” is very important. And then using it properly after you get it home is imperative.
All 50 states have laws requiring the use of a car seat, and all car seats manufactured today must meet safety standards set by the Federal Government.
Below we have compiled a list of tips to help you with your car seat to help keep your little ones safe:
- Always put your car seat in the back seat.
- Your car seat should not be able to move more than 1 inch once installed in the car. ( If you buy a seat that moves more than 1 inch in any direction – return it and get one that fits your car better).
- Always anchor the car seat/booster seat with the seat belt in the car – using the directions provided by the car seat manufacturer.
- NEVER put a car seat/booster seat where there is an airbag.
- remember when storing your car seat – do not store in a location that will expose it to extreme temperatures. This may cause damaged not visible to the naked eye.
Kidsafe offers some wonderful travel products that add to the comfort and safety of your child when traveling in a car.
Remember to always buckle up – now get out there and hit the road, the adventures awaiting you and your kids are endless!
Best Wishes, from the staff at Kidsafe!