“According to “firesafety.gov more than 4,000 Americans die each year in fires and approximately 20,000 are injured”.
The key to fire safety is to be prepared!
- Install a smoke detector ( and check it regularly – replace batteries when you set the clocks ahead or back)
- Make an escape plan
- Practice fire safety
- If you own a 2 story house, keep an escape ladder handy
Here are a few safety tips when it comes to Fire Safety:
- Have a smoke alarm on every level of your home as well as in every bedroom
- Be sure to follow the manufacturers instructions on how to install your new smoke detector
- Never leave candles lit when you are not home
- Never empty ashes from the BBQ or fireplace until they have sat for a day and are completely out.
- Keep a fire extinguisher near the kitchen
Now go, be safe and know that you are doing everything you can to keep your little one safe!
Thanks from the staff at Kidsafe