July 9, 2012
Baby Proofing, Child Home Safety
baby proof bathroom, Baby Proofing, baby proofing checklist, Baby Safety, babyproof cabinet locks, bath mat, bath thermometer, bathroom safety, child proof bathroom, Child Proofing, child proofing checklist, Child Safety Products, door top lock, medicine safe, medicine safety, toilet locks, toilet safety, tub safety, tub spout cover
There are numerous child safety hazards to protect against in your bathroom. Never leave a child alone in the bathroom or let them play there. Below is a list of top hazards to protect.
1. Lock your toilet. Kids often like to play or place toys in the toilet. A Toilet Lock will keep them away from potential unsanitary conditions as well as the drowning hazard.
2. Move medicine out of reach, or lock it up in a Medicine Safe.
3. Supervise children while they bathe, never leave them unattended.
4. Make sure water temperature is safe for young kids. Set your water heater to 120 degrees or less to prevent scalding. You can also use a bath tub thermometer to check.
5. Safeguard toiletries and cleaners in cabinets and drawers with Cabinet Safety Locks.
6. Prevent falls with bath mats and safety grips.
7. Cushion or shield the tub spout to prevent head bumps with a Tub Spout Cover.
8. Make sure there are no dangling cords from hair dryers or other plug-ins. Put away if necessary.
9. Do not place used razors or other dangerous items in a accessible waste basket.
10. Consider using a door top lock to keep the child out altogether.
August 21, 2009
Child Safety Products
Baby Proofing, kidsafe, new products
We have several new products in stock now.
The first is the #GM6 Baluster Mount Gate Kit,a unique solution for mounting your gate on small balusters.
The second is the #312 Deluxe Bi-Fold Door Lock, a sturdier, and more attractive version.
The third is the #71172-ES an Extra Strength Tot Lok Key,that makes opening Tot Loks quicker and easier.
The fourth is the #666 Pro Strap Furniture Strap. Easier to adjust with strong metal components.
All of our new products can be found here: http://www.kidsafeinc.com/category/new_products/
October 25, 2007
Baby Proofing, Child Proofing
baby, Baby Proofing, Child Proofing, Child Safety, entertainment, Family, Parenting, television, Toddlers
Home child proofing expert Michael Hixson owner of www.KidSafeInc.com and writer of this blog is pleased to announce his appearance on ‘The Balancing Act’ television series. ‘The Balancing Act’ is an Emmy nominated national television series focusing on issues and solutions for today’s women.
The segment is entitled ‘Safer homes for kids, Peace of mind for Parents’. In it Michael discusses the safety hazards in homes for toddlers and small children, and demonstrates baby proofing products that will help eliminate potential accidents. It will air on Saturday, November 10th, 2007 at 8am EST & PST/7am CST/6am MST on the ‘Lifetime Television Network’. The segment will also be broadcast on the ‘Women’s Entertainment Network’ on Monday, November 12th at 7am. It will be shown on the ‘Healthy Living Channel’ shown on the Dish Network, Comcast, and Time Warner cable systems on November 6 at 7pm, November 7 at 7:30pm, and November 8 at 7pm.
KidSafeInc.com sells over 150 different child safety items such as baby gates, outlet covers, cabinet locks, corner cushions, window guards, door knob covers, and also provides guides and checklists for child proofing your home.
Safety products from KidSafeInc.com will also be appearing on an episode of the ABC television series ‘Extreme Makeover Home Edition’ on the evening of Sunday, December 2nd, 2007 at 8pm/7c. KidSafe donated multiple products to the show for a family with four kids under six who have severe medical problems.